Monday, September 5, 2011

Indian Festival

This weekend we stumbled on an Indian Festival in downtown. 
We were having a "staycation" and spent several hours at the festival. 
There was so much food and music and funny elephant pictures for sale and saris and henna and people smelling like curry and fenugreek because it was so hot. 
Actually, I am fairly certain I smell like fenugreek today.

I love Indian food with my whole heart. How did I not get any pictures of the food??? My picture taking skills at such things need improvement. I can't ever balance out the desire to take pictures for posterity and memories (ok really just to sit in folders in iPhoto) and not taking pictures in order to blend in/enjoy the moment/not look like a tourist. Which is also good sometimes when you are in say a foreign country where being an American tourist marks you for higher prices and possibly worse. 

We ate so much...and it was so good. 
Even mediocre Indian food is good because it usually has all the spices that make me swoon.
AND they had Bollywood music and dancing. How fun is that?
 






No comments: